Have you ever had something like a kettle, toaster or hairdryer that doesn’t work anymore and you’re unsure what to do with it?
The answer is here – from next Tuesday (15th February) 6 brand new small appliance banks will land in various locations across Lewisham, this is starting off as a trial, but subject to demand will be extended to cover more locations throughout the borough.
The banks will help Lewisham divert more of its waste to be recycled as well as providing a convenient service for residents, at no cost to the council. The electricals will be taken to SWEEEP to be recycled – see our previous posting for more details about the process.
You can place anything electrical from sandwich toasters and old DIY equipment to telephones, stereos and DVD players in the banks which are located at:
- Sydenham Hill, Sydenham, SE26 6SL
- Sainsbury’s car park (Pearcefield Avenue, Forest Hill) SE23 3EU
- Catford Bus Garage (Bromley Road) SE6 2PF
- Grove Park Bus Garage (Baring Road) SE12 0DU
- Junction of Sydenham Road and Porthcawe Road, SE26 5SF
- Junction of Leyland Road an Eltham Road, SE12 8DU
See the map below to find your nearest bank … Photo’s to follow on Tuesday!
The banks can be found mainly in the south of the borough as residents in the North have easier access to our Reuse and Recycling Centre at Landmann Way in New Cross – where these items can also be taken.